We’ve helped several emerging countries – including, among others, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Colombia, Mexico, South Africa, CARICOM and Andean Community – to develop multi-stakeholder platforms and initiatives for Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS).
These national initiatives, created and shared by stakeholders under each country’s designated coordinating body, reflect local priorities. They are organized and structured in a transparent, inclusive and demand-driven way.
- Provide a neutral forum to exchange information and learn about Voluntary Sustainability Standards.
- Collect and exchange information on national standards.
- Assess the needs of decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Link national demands with international expertise.
- Build institutions to strengthen communication.
We feed experiences and lessons learned from these national platforms into policy dialogues at the forum, and apply analytical work to other countries in similar situations.